Saturday, July 24, 2010

Onion Flatbread


Following the dried tomato flatbread, I decided to try a variety of seasonal flatbreads showcasing some of the local produce I find, either in my garden or at Local Roots. Similar to what I'm doing with the vegetable-cheese rolls, these flatbreads will instead be topped with the vegetables and herbs (and occasionally cheeses) for a savory finish.

So here's the first of what I hope will be several successful efforts: carmelized onion flatbread. The onions, from Adonai Acres, are carmelized very slowly and carefully in a mixture of olive oil and local unsalted butter. Once I've scattered them on top of the bread dough, I add fresh rosemary (also from Adonai Acres) and a sprinkling of the incredibly delicious blue cheese from Canal Junction Farmstead Cheese. These smelled so wonderful while they baked that I was sorely tempted to keep them all for myself!

But don't worry -- you'll find limited quantities at Local Roots today only, and then I hope to have them again next week, if you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!