Thursday, July 22, 2010

Don't Hide! It's Only Zucchini Bread!

Zucchini has a bad reputation. It grows promiscuously, causing overwhelmed gardeners to offload huge zucchini "bats" onto unsuspecting (or slow) friends.

But at this time of year, I welcome a few of those "ba-zucchini" (like bazookas, only tastier) for making zucchini bread.


This week, I'll have a handful of mini-loaves of my favorite whole wheat zucchini bread for sale at Local Roots. I've used fresh zucchini from Adonai Acres, whole wheat flour from Stutzman Farms, butter and milk from Hartzler Dairy, eggs from Autumn Harvest Farm, and maple sugar from Gortner's. To top it off, you'll find walnuts worked through the loaves, and the bread is kissed with a hint of my favorite orange-vanilla flavoring.

Not too sweet, not too big, not too rich -- these zucchini breads are just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!