Thursday, July 22, 2010

At the Market July 22-24

July has been an incredibly hectic and problem-filled month so far, keeping me from baking as much for market as I'd like! But here's hoping things will ease up a bit in the coming weeks -- and that my computer will behave enough for me to share good things with you.

Here's what I'll be bringing to Local Roots Market over the course of the weekend (starred items will be there Thursday at noon):

--Cheese crackers**
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: four varieties -- cheddar-basil**, chèvre-rosemary, Ludlow with sage and tarragon, and Miami Erie Canal (Swiss-style) with dried parsley**
--Cinnamon pecan bread**
--Garlic-herb baguettes
--Garlic pesto flatbread**
--Light rye bread**
--Maple oatmeal bread**
--Pain aux noix**
--Sesame thins**
--Whole wheat pita** (in bags of four)

The cheese-herb artisan breads and garlic pesto flatbreads will have a slightly different look this week:


Can you figure out what's new? Give up? I'm adding local organic whole wheat flour (from Stutzman Farms) to each batch -- not much, but enough to give it a little added flavor and a slightly less chewy texture. I really like the added flavor and hope you'll enjoy it, too!

That same touch of whole wheat goodness will also show up in this week's vegetable-cheese rolls featuring zucchini from Adonai Acres, garlic from Banzhaf Garten Organic Farm, basil from my garden, and fresh mozzarella from Blue Jacket Dairy. These were a hit last week, so look for a few today (Thursday) and more both Friday and Saturday, only in the bakery case at Local Roots.

Also in the bakery case, you'll find an old favorite: espresso chip shortbread. If you enjoy these early enough, I might even make more.

If time permits, I'm hoping to test a couple new flatbreads, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!