Friday, July 30, 2010

Basil Pesto Flatbread


Summertime means a fragrant bounty of herbs as well as of vegetables, and basil sings to me of the hottest, most lush summer days. I always try to grow several basil plants so that I can freeze a good quantity of pesto for winter pasta and other recipes.

This week, I clipped several large branches of basil from the garden and made pesto, but this time I decided to spread it on the basic artisan dough (enhanced with whole wheat flour from Stutzman Farm) for this heavenly basil pesto flatbread. The pesto itself has just basil, walnuts, olive oil, black pepper, and garlic from Banzhaf Garten Organic Farm, but the whole flatbread is topped with shreds of mozzarella from Ohio Farm Direct.

You'll find these alongside the garlic pesto flatbread on my Local Roots shelves this weekend. And as always, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!