Wednesday, July 28, 2010

At the Market July 29-31

Wow! Another scorcher today! But just for you, I kept the oven going, baking my heart out...

Here's what I'll be bringing to Local Roots Market over the course of the weekend (starred items will be there Thursday at noon):

--Cheese crackers**
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: four varieties -- cheddar-basil, chèvre-rosemary, feta-oregano**, and Miami Erie Canal (Swiss-style) with dried parsley**
--Cinnamon pecan bread**
--Garlic-herb baguettes**
--Garlic pesto flatbread**
--Light rye bread**
--Maple oatmeal bread**
--Onion flatbread
--Pain aux noix**
--Sesame thins**
--Whole wheat pita (in bags of four)

I'm planning to try a basil pesto flatbread as well, so look for that this weekend!

For the bakery case, I may not get anything done for Thursday (but then again, I might), but the plan is this:

--Vegetable cheese rolls Friday and Saturday: corn from the Habitat Community Garden, hot pepper and tomato from my own garden, onion from Adonai Acres, herbs, and chèvre from Lucky Penny Creamery -- a Southwestern seasonal treat!
--Pains au chocolat Saturday only: grab one of these buttery, flaky, chocolate-filled delights to go with your coffee!

This Saturday is the Community Commons Block Party, and Local Roots will be participating along with the Wayne Center for the Arts, the Wayne County Public Library, the United Way, and the American Red Cross. Stop by and check out the fun!

See you at the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!