Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pumpernickel Bread



It took me years to appreciate rye bread, but strangely enough, I've long loved pumpernickel bread, despite it being an even darker and heartier loaf. This artisan recipe is one I stumbled across recently and love for the tang and full flavor it carries.

The only local ingredient in this loaf right now is the sorghum molasses I use for a hint of sweetness, though I hope to find local rye flour eventually. Cocoa powder and espresso powder add to the rich color and complex flavor you'll find in this bread, making it suitable for sandwiches, toasting, or dipping into a mixture of olive oil and herbs. Perhaps you'd even enjoy it as an open-faced toasted cheese sandwich? I would!

Will this bread be a big seller at the market? Time will tell -- and I hope you'll tell me what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!