Friday, April 30, 2010

At the Market 4/30 and 5/1

I spent last Friday at Lucky Penny Creamery in Kent, and though I hope to write up more about that another time, I mention it because you'll find Lucky Penny's chèvre and feta cheeses in more of my products this week:

--Sesame thins
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: four varieties -- dill-cheddar, chèvre-thyme, feta-oregano or Ludlow (creamy and caramelized like a 1-year-old Gouda) with fresh sage and tarragon
--Artisan baguettes
--Maple oatmeal bread
--Pain aux noix (two loaves with pecans; I ran out of walnuts!)
--Pumpernickel bread
--Whole wheat pita (in bags of four)

I'll be doing a breakfast cooking demonstration at Local Roots Saturday morning from 9 to 11 AM, and I'll showcase my whole wheat pita by making pita pizzas -- topped with scrambled eggs, local cheeses (like the Lucky Penny items), fresh greens, and maybe even some local salsa. Stop by and taste!

For the bakery case, I'm bringing in two new items:


--Peppermint brownies, densely chocolatey and cake-like, but with a refreshing bite of freshly picked homegrown peppermint. They're not overly sweet, so if you like your chocolate fix to focus on the intensity of the chocolate flavor, not the sugar, these are for you.


--Savory cheese palmiers, a twist on the classic French pastry that normally has sugar rolled into it. For the filling, I'm using a paste made from Lucky Penny feta cheese, olive oil, dried parsley, and freshly ground black pepper. I nibbled on a couple fresh from the oven this morning, and you'll be lucky to see any in the bakery case -- I'm hooked!

What will be on your plate this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!