Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pita Chips


When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade, right?

Well, I had two packages of whole wheat pita breads left over from last week's market, so I tucked them into the refrigerator for a couple of days until I had time to turn them into pita chips.

A little more hearty and wholesome than most crackers, these pita chips get brushed very lightly with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with a mixture of herbs. Today I decided to give the chips a pesto flavor, with dried basil, homemade garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

These smell so good while they bake and cool -- it's all I can do this morning to keep myself from snacking on them all!

But don't worry, I'll have these at the market on Saturday in a limited quantity. Give them a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!