Sunday, May 2, 2010

Someone's Cooking in the (Demo) Kitchen


Yesterday morning I showcased my whole wheat pita breads in a cooking demonstration at Local Roots, making breakfast pizzas to sample for customers. I used plenty of other Local Roots products in making them:

--eggs from Valley Grass Farm
--spinach, dried thyme, and dried parsley from Adonai Acres
--nettles and lambsquarters from Karen's Garden Delights
--chives from Por-Bar Farms
--dried dill from my own gardens
--Ludlow cheese from Blue Jacket Dairy
--chèvre and feta from Lucky Penny Creamery
--dandelion salsa from Pete's

Shoppers gave an enthusiastic response to the savory treats, and a few even tried a wedge from a couple of different batches, just to test the different flavor combinations. By the end of my two-hour slot, all the pizza "slices" had been eaten, and all of my pita breads had sold. Thank you!


I also set out a platter with chunks of my pumpernickel bread for samples, along with a yogurt-based dip with Lucky Penny feta, radishes from Banzhaf Garten Organic Farm, homegrown dill, a dash of black pepper, and olive oil. That, too, was greatly appreciated, and the end result was the sale of all of my pumpernickel bread. Thanks again!

I'll do another cooking demonstration at Local Roots -- more pita pizzas, this time with an ethnic and seasonal flair -- for our Grand Opening on Saturday, May 15. The whole event will cover 9 AM to 3 PM, but I won't be doing my demo until 1 PM, so save room for lunch!

And thanks to all the shoppers who stopped by and enjoyed my cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!