Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thanks for a Grand Opening!


What a terrific day at Local Roots yesterday! The Grand Opening turned out to be truly grand, indeed, with crowds streaming through the market throughout the day. I saw a lot of new people there and hope to see many of them coming back as regulars!

We had lots of things going on -- activities for kids, lots of tasting in the meeting room (milk, cheese, waffles, coffee, linzertorte, meats, and more), music, cooking demos (including my pita pizzas) -- and the whole place hummed with excitement and activity.

(For more information on the whole day, you can read the article I posted at The Ethicurean.)


Thanks to my loyal customers -- and some new loyal customers, I hope! -- my very full shelf was completely empty by the end of the day (save for one package of pita). And though I had a few buckwheat cookies to take home from the bakery case, there was a highly amusing last-minute tussle over the last piece of my honey cake. Guess I'll be making that again sometime...

This week I'll get back into the regular baking groove, and I probably won't have quite so much on the shelf. But as always, if there's something you're looking for and can't find, let me know -- I make no promises, but I'm open to suggestions!

See you next week at the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!