Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A New Cake Recipe


Many years ago, I made a Spanish torta de almendra -- or orange-almond cake -- for friends. I still pull it out once in a while for a special occasion, because I like cakes that are light but full of flavor, and this fits the bill.

But this week, I've been surrounded by the fragrance of fresh lemon basil, and I thought it might just make an interesting variation on the torta de almendra. So behold, my lemon herb-almond cake, featuring fresh lemon basil from Karen's Garden Delights, lemon verbena syrup from the ever-creative folks at Simple Products, whole wheat pastry flour from Stutzman Farms, and butter and milk from Hartzler Family Dairy.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but my mouth is watering over the scent of warm cake! You'll find it at Local Roots later this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!