Thursday, June 24, 2010

At the Market June 24-26

Now that the summer heat is here, bread doesn't have as good of a shelf life, so I've switched up my baking schedule so that at least all the artisan loaves are baked fresh each market day. That means I've been up since 3 this morning, making and baking the bread. Sure smells good around here!

Though you may not find all of these items at Local Roots each day this weekend, here's the sum of what I plan to have on the shelf:

--Cheese-herb artisan bread: four varieties -- dill-cheddar, chèvre-rosemary, feta-oregano, and a new one featuring the Miami Erie Canal cheese (Swiss-style) from Canal Junction Farmstead Cheese combined with dried parsley
--Cinnamon pecan bread
--Garlic-herb baguettes
--Garlic pesto flatbread
--Light rye bread
--Maple oatmeal bread
--Pain aux noix
--Sesame thins
--Whole wheat pita (in bags of four)

New this week: cheese crackers made partly with local whole wheat flour plus creamy unsalted butter and a tangy cheddar from Ohio Farm Direct. The flavor might remind you of Cheese Thins (TM) but is so much more real and satisfying! Available in limited quantities this week (until I hear from you as to whether I should bake more!).

I'm a little undecided about this week's bakery case offering. It will be a vegetable and cheese roll like the spinach feta rolls that have been a huge hit the past few weeks. But will it continue to showcase spinach, or another vegetable that's coming into season (like broccoli)? Will the cheese change? I'll see what inspires me tomorrow and Saturday mornings. Look for this to change every few weeks as the season brings us a wider variety of fresh produce!

And perhaps tomorrow I'll be inspired to bake something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!