Wednesday, October 20, 2010

At the Market October 21-23

The fall weather has been gorgeous lately, even with the frequency of frosty mornings. It has inspired me to get into the kitchen to make every day so far this week. Let's just say I prefer to heat my home on baking fumes rather than gas or electric!

This Saturday is the monthly Artisan Day at Local Roots, so come early and stay long! Here's what I plan to have at Local Roots this weekend (starred items available starting Thursday):

--Artisan wheat bread*
--Basil pesto flatbread*
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: chèvre-thyme, cheddar-dill*, Black Swamp Gouda (from Canal Junction Farmstead Cheese) with sage*, Miami Erie Canal and parsley*, and Lock 21 (Brie-style from Canal Junction) with peppercorn
--Cinnamon-pecan bread*
--Garlic-herb baguettes*
--Maple oatmeal bread*
--Pain aux noix*
--Pumpernickel bread*
--Rosemary cider bread*
--Rosemary walnuts*
--Savory apple flatbread
--Sesame thins*

I'll have two varieties of vegetable-cheese rolls in the bakery case:

--Spinach-feta returns now that the fall crop of spinach is coming in. This week's greenery is courtesy of the wonderful folks at Breezy Hill Farm, with garlic from Karen's Garden Delights and feta cheese from Lucky Penny Creamery. Consider it a bready version of spanokopita -- and dig in!
--Savory apple rolls take the idea of the savory apple flatbread and roll it all up into a handy sandwich. Carmelized onions meet dried thyme (from Karen's Garden Delights) and apples from Moreland Fruit Farm, and delicious Black Swamp Gouda cheese from Canal Junction Farmstead pulls all the delicious flavors together. The essence of fall!

I'll post again once I have my dessert item made for the bakery case: it's a sneak preview of holiday specials. I'm hoping to have a brochure ready for this weekend with all my other holiday specials listed so you can start planning your Thanksgiving feast and other holiday events -- look for it on my shelf at Local Roots!

NOTE: Stock up this week as next week's selections will be limited due to another scheduled event. But don't worry, Grain Maker baked goods will be back up to full strength after November 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!