Tuesday, October 26, 2010

At the Market October 28-30

The farming season ended for me today, though I still have my own gardens to put to bed for the winter. So before I get caught up in the frenzy of holiday baking, I'll be taking a bit of a breather and enjoying a couple days off from ALL work.

That means that while I will have baked goods at Local Roots this week, quantities will be limited. Stop by early to grab what you want!

--Artisan wheat bread
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: chèvre-rosemary, cheddar-dill, Black Swamp Gouda (from Canal Junction Farmstead Cheese) with sage, and Lock 21 (Brie-style from Canal Junction) with peppercorn
--Cinnamon-pecan bread
--Garlic-herb baguettes
--Maple oatmeal bread
--Pain aux noix
--Pumpernickel bread
--Rosemary cider bread
--Rosemary walnuts
--Sesame thins

Only one kind of vegetable-cheese roll will make an appearance this week, but it will be worth it:

--Cheddar cauliflower: I can never resist orange cauliflower (var. "Cheddar"), and the good folks at Weaver's Truck Patch have had loads of it lately. You'll find it tucked into these rolls, along with leeks and purple kale from Martha's Farm and dill cheddar curds from Blue Jacket Dairy. I hope to have plenty to last you through the weekend.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and bought Grain Maker goodies last weekend at Local Roots -- you made it my best weekend yet! Who would have thought one year ago that I would have grown the business this much by now? WOW! You are wonderful!

And don't forget, if you loved that maple hickory pie last week, you can order one for Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!