Wednesday, March 23, 2011

At Local Roots March 23-26

Welcome Spring! I'm almost ready to get outside and start planting this year's garden with more good herbs and vegetables to use in baking, but I think I'll wait until after the rain...

Good things are growing in the kitchen these days, too. Last week saw the debut of spelt tea rings -- like rings of cinnamon rolls all joined together. Like most of my sweet baked goods, these are not too sweet, and while they're loaded with whole grain goodness, they're still light and tender. Look for them again this week, and I hope to introduce one or two other new items in the next couple of weeks.

But for this week, here's what I'll have on my shelves at Local Roots:

--Baguettes
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: cheddar-basil, chèvre-rosemary, and Lock 21-peppercorn
--Cinnamon-pecan bread
--Dried tomato flatbread
--Garlic-herb bread
--Homestyle rye bread
--Honey spelt oat bread
--Maple oatmeal bread
--Mocha cinnamon rolls
--Pain aux noix
--Pizza crusts
--Pumpernickel bread
--Sesame thins
--Spelt bread
--Tea rings (some with pecans)
--Zaatar flatbread

In the bakery case, I'll have individual mocha cinnamon rolls -- a big hit the last time they appeared! -- as well as two kinds of vegetable rolls:

--Chili bean: a vegan roll with home-canned tomatoes from Adonai Acres, dried Jade beans from The Shepherd's Market, onion from Moonstruck Farm, dried red pepper, and chili spices. If the rain makes you feel chilly, this chili roll will warm you up!

--Greens-feta: back again, with spinach and arugula from Breezy Hill Farm, homegrown garlic, feta from Lucky Penny Creamery, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!