Wednesday, December 15, 2010

At the Market December 15-18

Brrrr! It's definitely cold outside, which makes me very glad to bake every morning to take the chill off!

I'm adjusting the bread baking schedule slightly based on shopping trends -- I'd like to have the bread that you find on my shelves be as fresh as possible, but I also know that I can't bake everything every day. So please be patient while I work out the schedule (and let me know what you're looking for!).

Here's the planned "menu" for this week:

--Artisan wheat bread
--Baklava
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: cheddar-basil (?), cheddar-dill, Black Swamp Gouda (from Canal Junction Farmstead Cheese) with sage, and Miami Erie Canal (Swiss-style from Canal Junction) with parsley
--Cinnamon-pecan bread
--Maple oatmeal bread
--Pain aux noix
--Pumpernickel bread
--Rosemary cider bread
--Rosemary walnuts
--Savory apple flatbread
--Sesame thins
--Sunshine cookies
--Zaatar flatbread

I'll continue to have baklava in the bakery case to the end of the month, though I may not have much else on offer in the sweets category -- there are plenty of other good sweet selections in the bakery!

This week's rolls offer something a little different:

--Swiss cabbage: I've sauteed cabbage from Weavers' Truck Patch with homegrown onions, homegrown dill, and paprika, then added shredded Swiss cheese from Heritage Grass Farms. The result is something that should warm your stomach on a cold day!

--Moroccan carrot: Carrots from Martha's Farm and Boii Gardens combine with red onion, lemon juice, honey, home-dried parsley, cumin, cayenne pepper, and creamy Lucky Penny Creamery chèvre for an exotic taste. Enjoy one for lunch or splurge and take a few home to go with lentil stew.

Don't forget that this Saturday, December 18, is the last Artisan Day of the year at Local Roots. If you haven't finished your Christmas shopping, this is the place to go!

And if you're looking for a special treat for your Christmas feast or New Year's party, I'm still taking special orders through this Saturday. Last chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!