Thursday, September 16, 2010

At the Market September 16-18

It's the end of county fair week here in Wooster, and I don't know about you, but I've had my share of fair fun! Now it's time to get back down to business, and the rain this morning is helping to keep me inside, baking up lots of great bread.

So here's what I plan to have at Local Roots this weekend (starred items available starting Thursday):

--Artisan wheat bread*
--Basil pesto flatbread*
--Cheese crackers*
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: chèvre-rosemary, cheddar-basil*, cheddar-dill, feta-oregano*, Black Swamp Gouda (from Canal Junction Farmstead Cheese) with sage, and Lock 21 (Brie-style from Canal Junction) with peppercorn
--Cinnamon-pecan bread*
--Garlic-herb baguettes*
--Garlic pesto flatbread*
--Light rye bread*
--Maple oatmeal bread*
--Pain aux noix*
--Pita chips* dusted with cinnamon sugar
--Sesame thins*
--Whole wheat pita*

You'll find two kinds of vegetable-cheese rolls in the bakery case, too:

--Tomatillo salsa! Once more, I've brought back these rolls featuring Adonai Acres tomatillos, Banzhaf Garten tomatoes, Adonai Acres onion, and Ohio Farm Direct pepper jack cheese. Spicy, but so good! This is your last chance this season to indulge in these tasty rolls.
--Rockin' Roots! OK, I know I'm corny, but I can't help but think that the combination of Banzhaf Garten beets, local carrots, homegrown chard, a honey-mustard vinaigrette, and creamy Lucky Penny chèvre will rock your lunchtime world. Don't be put off by the girly-girl pink filling -- it's all hearty and delicious!

Come Friday, I'll have one of my favorite fall desserts in the bakery case: pear-hazelnut torte, with pears from Banzhaf Garten Organic Farm, hazelnuts from Bud Luers' farm, Hartzler Dairy butter, Stutzman Farms whole wheat, and Gortner's maple sugar. I can hardly wait for it myself!

See you at Local Roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!