Thursday, August 26, 2010

At the Market August 26-28

I'm still without a computer at home, but a friend has graciously allowed me to stop by her office and check email and such regularly, so this morning I've found a little time to get back into the groove here on the baking site. I hope to be back online more fully soon!

Here's what I plan to have at Local Roots this weekend (starred items available starting Thursday):

--Basil pesto flatbread*
--Cheese-herb artisan bread: chèvre-rosemary*, cheddar-dill*, feta-oregano, Ludlow with fresh basil, and possibly Black Swamp Gouda (from Canal Junction Farmstead Cheese) with sage
--Cinnamon-pecan bread*
--Garlic-herb baguettes*
--Garlic pesto flatbread*
--Light rye bread*
--Maple oatmeal bread*
--Pain aux noix*
--Sesame thins*
--Whole wheat pita*

You'll find two kinds of vegetable-cheese rolls in the bakery case, too:

--Tomatillo salsa! In honor of our Salsa Party on Saturday, I've made rolls featuring Martha's Farm tomatillos, Banzhaf Garten tomatoes, Adonai Acres onion, and Ohio Farm Direct pepper jack cheese. It's like a little fiesta wrapped in dough!
--Zucchini and red pepper: Roasted red peppers mingle with roasted zucchini (from Adonai Acres), garlic, homegrown basil, olive oil, and Ohio Farm Direct mozzarella cheese. Savory and oh so good!

And it's possible that you might find my Midsummer Dream Blend iced tea at the cafe -- it went well last week!

Stop in to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback on these products, but please be kind and respectful of all!